Saturday, February 27, 2010

Traveling without Moving....

Have to get it off my chest; Cause it stinks....
If you do these write me and explain why you do this:

1. Take your shoes off in an airplane.
2. Fart in an airplane. I can tell it was you because you leaned to one side so it creeps out the side of your butt.
3. Read what I am reading in my magazine over my shoulder. Especially if I am reading cosmo...weird.
4. Stand up right when the plane reaches the gate and breathe heavy into everyones face. Smells like peanuts and tomato juice...frigging gross.
5. At baggage claim; stand right up against the belt so when your bag comes around you have to get through the great wall of assholes. What would happen if you just stood back a couple feet and move forth to grab your Samsonite bag WHEN IT ARRIVES!
6. Stand right behind me while waiting in line at security when you could comfortably stand maybe 7 more inches away...fun fact: you will get there in the same amount of time.

I am happy to get that out there....

Song to Run to Today: Intervention by Arcade Fire
Song to Listen to while Cooking A Romantic Dinner: Never Tear Us Apart INXS

****ONWARD TO FASHION****






Obssessions :





1. Fred Perry....





I have had a love love love with this brand forever. And if you loved me you would buy me this:

When people say "I love your Fred Perry" or are wearing Fred Perry themselves, you don't have to think twice that they are cool. Cause they are.





2. Givenchy Blazer






Nautical Stripes are my insta' way to feel chic this year. So when givenchy put out this beauty I have been thinking about selling my car, donating plasma or having a 24 hour bake sale to try to raise enough money for this droppin bombs piece. But for now, I am searching high and low for a 2o dollar knock off....checking H&M, topshop and Forever 21 daily....






So keep your eyes peeled my lil' friends.







3. I wanna give a big ole shout it out loud to my homeboy and homegirl : Nick and Kimi for introducing me to this website. CAUTION : If you feel like you look like any of these people or try too hard on a daily to look like these people...you betta chiggity check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self. Cause this is BAD!






http://www.latfh.com/






Hipsters must sulk away to another land cause you are bringing me down yo....enough with the feathers in your dirty hair and neon sneakers....especially of you are over the age of 30.






4. WESC







This is a great brand for those who are having a hard time letting their hipster ways go(see above)....and it is also a great brand for those who just wanna look bad ass.






Its a hybrid street/skate/surf/high fashion brand that def keeps you from looking like you try to hard. Here are some of my fave guy things....probs gonna see Ray the man working these digs this spring/summer.













http://www.wesc.com/ WeSC stands for We are the superlative Conspiracy. Now go check it out.






5.Hey Ladies! Its Classy Moo-Moo time! MAXI DRESSES! woot woot!






Here are the ones that I am already living in! The neighbors think that I have lost my mind Britney Spears style because I just colored my hair brown...(its the bomb.duh.) and out in the cold with my ballerina flats and a MAXI DRESS...hey, it was almost 40 degrees!







Here is the one that I will be sporting most of the rest of the year....if you love, email me! Cause I am a stylist for this brand! www.katierayeharrower@gmail.com








These is a Rachel Pally that is on sale on http://www.shopbop.com/ for $123. Not to shabby for a Pally. Shopbop rules. freeeeee shipping.







6. The Sartorialist : http://www.thesartorialist.com/ is a blog that you must frequent every other day or so to feel like you live in a fabulous place like Milan or NYC. This is street fashion at its finest. I have been a regular with this blog for a few years now and its what wakes me up in the morning. Hot cup o' joe and these pictures. I forget I am in Omaha NE for a few minutes as I am filled with inspiration. Go there now.










'nuff said.








8. Ray and I experienced a lovely date night the other night....a first in awhile...we went to The Boiler Room. http://www.theboilerroomrestaurant.com/




I know a lot of Omaha "in the know" type of folks talk about this place. But I want to tell you simply that the food was deeeelish and the service was perfect. Not to in your face and very educational. Didn't make you feel stupid if you couldn't say half of the things on the menu but made you feel at home when entertaining you with what is all available. It is in Omaha's Old Market and the atmosphere makes everyone feel like they are "in the know"...its warehousy but cozy and the food rocks my haus.






9. Nude Shoes w/ brights!!! If you are wearing this seasons floral or brights...DO NOT I repeat...DO NOT wear matching pumps, or matching belts and earrings. If you do that then you will begin to look like a teenager who lives in Barstow CA that shops at Wet Seal....those of you who know where that is tell the others to be very afraid....please look at exhibit a and exhibit b :
exhibit A:
Exhibit B:

I hope that you all said Exibit B looks way better because it does. Matchy Matchy went out with the Spice Girls, Ed Hardy, Trucker Hats, Little Dogs in Purses, Tanning, French Manicures and Paris Hilton. Peace out Hilton.




Thats enough for tonight....Henry is teething what I like to call his "wolf teeth" (i-teeth) and I can hear him a sturrin' in his bed...so peace out gangstas....






Henry Rules -



Katie

p.s. Vienna is a stinky hoe. Jake is a tool with acne scars. Tenley is a one lucky little girl who is still waiting for her Backstreet Boy.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment